Monday, December 13, 2010

Wrapping it up...well, maybe...


So I started decorating 2 weeks ago...and just when I think I'm almost done, I decide to add something.  I'm pretty sure my family is pretty sick and tired of the bins and assorted decorating necessities cluttering up the dining room table.  So I guess I'm gonna "wrap it up" for this year.  Pack away the ribbons and glass balls and sit back and enjoy it for the next couple of weeks.  Here's just a peek at what I've been up to...I'll post more when I get my mess cleaned up ;)



Wreath holders made from perfectly chippy handrail brackets...



If you'd like to see more about these "handy" little wreath hooks look HERE



Funky little angels here and there...and twigs and twine everywhere...



My son and I spent an afternoon folding these book trees.  So much fun...it brought back memories of the Reader's Digest trees I made in Pioneer Girls a "few" years back.



Love this little sleepy angel all comfy in this sugar bowl.



Here's a shot of my "Happy Place" all decked out.



The mantle stayed pretty much the same...with a few little "festive" additions. 



A mixture of handmade and vintage ornaments adorn this tree.



We have fake trees...as per my hubby's "request".  So I sneak in real greens wherever I can.  These are actually little potted trees...and they are still alive, that's a Christmas miracle for sure!





I've been having fun with these big jars...so many fun ways to fill'em up!



Last but not least, I have a small collection of nativity sets scattered around...reminding us of the real reason for the season.

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given..."
Isaiah 9:6

I plan to post more when I get my "junk" cleaned up...but until then, wishing many Christmas blessings to you and yours.  Enjoy this magical time of year!

I am linking this post to...



and here

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

And here...

Coastal Charm's Christmas Open House

Maybe I'll "see" you there ;)


9 comments:

  1. laurel,
    your decor looks wonderful. i have hardly started decorating due to family issues and a renovation...but it will eventually get done. we'll probably get our tree this week. so much to do and so little time!
    love all your personal touches of white, rust and galvanized metal...my favs!
    judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurel~
    This post is amazing!!! How creative and so very festive. I loved each picture, the jars filled one of my favorites as with the wreath. Just beautiful but so inspiring!
    Merry Christmas
    Rosemary...X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the canning jars. Great touches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so beautiful! Love the sweet nativity scene! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laurel - I sooo love love love all your Christmas decor! Everything looks so romantic, nostalgic and full of charm. I'm a big fan of handmade and unique decor.

    Happy Holidays! Stopping by from Feathered Nest Holiday party.
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurel,
    Your home looks beautiful with all the holiday decor...sometimes it's just too hard stopping, because it's so much FUN decorating! I’m having a Christmas Open House…would love to have you join in on the fun. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there- your home looks absolutely charming! I love the touches of Christmas cheer you have! Love your wreath- it is beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. o-m-g! your house and christmas decor are ah-mazing. beautiful. love it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)