Saturday, August 14, 2010

Memory Lane...

I've always had a passion for decorating and collecting...my love of "junk" and repurposing didn't bloom until after I was married.  My husband was frugal and let's just say I "was not"...but once he introduced me to garage sales and flea markets I was hooked, shopping and collecting to my hearts content for prices we could both agree on!  I came across Junkmarket Style, bought all 3 books and lurked around the site for a while and before I finally started posting.  Now a whole new world has opened up...hope you don't mind a trip down Memory Lane with me...

These garden table leg sconces were my very first post...



Still love these shipping crate flower boxes my handy hubby welded a base for.

This chippy basket fixture received a spot in the "Best of 2009" member posts...I was honored...

Dripping with crystals and keys...ahhhh...

These springy wine bottle charms even earned a trip with me to the Art Architecture/Junkmarket Style show in May 2009


My latest junky update was my front porch all decked out with my Country Junk Sale finds.



Thanks for taking this trip with me...speaking of remembering...I like to "remember" what my flowers used to look like when I took the pictures for this recent funky flower post :)

4 comments:

  1. Laurel, I loved every one of these posts...and now I'm drooling all over again!!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shipping boxes are still my all time fav!
    judi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sconces are great and I've kept your basket light marked as one I will copy in my entry. Your encouraging comments on JMS are always looked forward, too. Your sweetness always come through in your posts. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your posts, Laurel! Lots of great, creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)